All of these projects are pretty out of date. I'll try to do a better job of updating this list in the future.

Waldo: A distributed scripting language

Writing distributed applications is difficult: some nodes can fail while others are still processing and programmers frequently have to write their own consistency-management logic (for instance using locks to avoid read-write conflicts).

Waldo, addresses these challenges by allowing programmers to write transactional code on multiple nodes. I plan to write more about it. For now, here's a failed paper describing some of its features. Those that are interested, can check out Waldo's sister language, Ralph, here.

Virtual worlds

I worked on the Sirikata virtual worlds project.

My research focused on programming languages for novices to script objects in the virtual world.

Privacy on Facebook

Inferring sexual orientation from "friend" relationships on Facebook. Read our paper online. Or read more about the project here.

Sensor networks

MEng Thesis. A flexible high-density sensor network. Done with the Responsive Environments Group of the MIT Media Lab.

Eagle Scout project

I built a 12'x8' bird-watching observation deck 6' off the ground in a marsh for my Eagle Scout project at Clyde Shepherd Nature Preserve.


I built a simple tool to create and manage brackets online. It's still got some rough edges, but you can check out the prototype here.


I took an interactive graphics class at Stanford. For my final project, I built Taskwald, a multi-player browser-based game. I used Three.js for in-browser graphics, websockets to send messages to a central server, and go to actually write the logic for the central server. I'll write a little more about it in the future (what was difficult, what I would have done differently, etc.). For now, you can check out the video of the game below.


My Indian cousin was marrying a Pakistani boy in Bombay. For political reasons, this meant that half the wedding party couldn't really come. I built a simple photo-sharing service for the wedding so that people that couldn't make it could see what was happening.

The initial version of the site was written in php and users could download iOS and Android apps to post pictures and messages to the couple. Not that many people used it, but I learned a lot building it, and will post pictures soon.